- New Vacancies
- Remembrance at Ypres
- Christmas Begins!
- Funds for Demelza
- Tea Party Supports Transition
- Mathletics at Highsted!
- Rachael is National Champion!
- Harvest Dreams for Food Bank
- Highsted Joins Mission CPR
- Annabel's Charity Challenge
- Class of 2017
- Nicola Secures Place at Top American University
- Student Achievement Celebrated in Style
- Autumn Term Events Summary
- Highsted Students Inspired to ‘Smash the Glass Ceiling’
- The Christmas Tree Festival
- Soaring to New Heights...
- House Drama 2016
- Final Three for Highsted Girls!
- The Highsted Tea Party
- Class of 2016
- Citizenship Week 2016
- The Sound of Music
- All creatures great and small
- Glowing with enthusiasm
- Over the moon with Space Camp!
- Highsted girls weather demands of challenging engineering project
- Former Highsted student secures place at Harvard
- Imogen Selected for International Team
- Team chemistry wins festival prize
- Charlotte dances to success
- Seacole Rise to Franklin's Challenge
- Admissions Update: April 2016
- Highsted’s big-league success
- Meddling with the magic of science
- The Origin of Success
- STEM challenges for budding scientists
- PE Clubs update: January 2016
- Trainee barrister inspires students to aim high
- It IS Rocket Science!
- Harvest Festival 2015
- Arts & Culture evening report
- Inspirational Women in Music
- Lights for Love 2015
- Arts & Culture evenings return
- U13 Football victory
- Highsted girls make a splash!
- Nicola plans to stay the course
- Imogen is on a roll
- Class of 2015
- Food for thought
- Student Enrichment Reports
- Nicola Apps - another High Flyer!
- ‘Hairspray’ set to hold audience entranced
- Highsted engineers flying high!
- Ellie wins second world medal for Irish dancing
- Elena pulls the strings at Highsted
- Katie’s success in BBC writing competition
- Nancy’s Charity Showcase
- Arts and Culture talks: Secrets beneath the ground...
- Dare to be Different? Sixth Form Open Evening 2014
- Neve re-lives a first: Open Day 2014
- Highsted's High Five!
- Kezia's Prescription for Success
- Homework Club 2014-15
- Class of 2014
- Activities Week 2014
- School Production 2014
- High Seas a Rip-Roaring Success!
U13 Kent Football League six-a-side Tournament Cup
Wednesday 16 November 2016
Having finished sixth in Kent last year in the annual six-a-side Kent League Cup, Highsted knew that we had a good chance of going even further this time round. With the winners going on to represent Gillingham FC at the regional finals, there was a lot at stake and the girls were determined to do well. Highsted were given a tough draw for the group stages, having five teams in their group, while others included just two teams, due to schools not turning up. With the top two teams from each group qualifying for the quarter finals, Highsted were determined to not let their disadvantaged position stop them.
Our four group games were won comfortably, scoring twelve goals and conceding just one. Outstanding performances from Charlotte B and Katie W saw us through to the quarter finals. We were drawn against local school The Abbey in the quarter final and at the end of the eight minutes the scores were level at 1-1, after Ella T scored a fantastic equaliser. Sudden death penalties, the pressure was on. Charlotte B scored her penalty with ease and fortunately for us the first player to step up for The Abbey missed, resulting in joyous scenes as we qualified for the semi-final.
Our next opponents were Highworth. They were one of the fortunate teams who qualified automatically due to schools in their group not turning up. We knew that they would be fresher than us and therefore we had to work twice as hard. It was a close and tense game, with each and every one of Highsted’s players committing themselves fully. Daisy L, in goal, pulled off some fantastic saves to keep the score at 0-0. Unfortunately, as the game wore on, Highsted’s players began to tire and gave away a free kick in the last minute, which was converted by Highworth. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to find the equaliser and devastatingly we lost the semi-final 1-0.
Highsted had to quickly pick themselves up as we had to play the 3rd and 4th place play off. We dominated the game from the start and comfortably won 2-0, goals from Captain Lucy B and Charlotte B.
A disappointing end to a fantastic day of football. However, Highsted left with their heads held high as they realised that they are the third best six-a-side school team in Kent.
Squad: Daisy L, Katie W, Charlotte B, Niamh D, Ella T, Lois H, Eleanor W, Lucie B